The cold north wind, seasonable as it may be, reminds us that we have an exciting cross country ski season coming up. Time to get the sensitive plants in and time to start visualizing the thrill of gliding on white stuff. The long range forecasters are predicting a real “nor’east winter”. It is also time to renew your membership in the Shenendehowa Nordic Club. Click on “membership” in the menu to the right and get a jump on the season now.
A several dates you should place on your calendar, please:
- November 5 – after school – first Bill Koch Youth Ski practice at Koda
- December 12, 7 PM – Family Moonlight Ski, Vischer Ferry Preserve (weather permitting)
- December 21, 10 AM – Ski Orienteering season opener at Lapland Lake
- February 16, 2014 – Shenendehowa Classic cross country ski race (our fund raiser) and
- March 8 & 9, 2014 – Mid Atlantic Bill Koch Festival at Lapland Lake.
Coach Paarlberg-Kvam will have additional dates to add to these. But these are enough to get all of us excited.