It’s official. The Shenendehowa Classic is postponed to Sunday, February 18. Hopefully the weather will be better. In case you are wondering the snow at Saratoga Biathlon firmed up quite nicely and Curt Schreiner did some magic. Today’s skiing was superb.
Those pre-registrated are still good for the February 18 date unless they tell me they cannot make it.
Now I hope we can all cram in a rewarding and fun season before the snow really heads north.
Race officials just conferred.
The race tomorrow, January 13, 2018, at Saratoga Biathlon Club in Day, NY is off.
We are concerned about
- early morning travel
- temperatures are not expected to drop early enough this evening so snow can drain, freeze, and new snow to accumulate
- by the end of the day tomorrow, our chief of course should be able to have conditions perfect, but who wants to ski in the dark?
We are working on a postponement to February 17 or 18 whichever can be worked out.